Monday, November 3, 2008

YES.....AGAIN!

Well, you may not believe it, but here's how it happened. Last Wednesday Hailey was outside on her heelys racing with a friend and KABOOM!! She went down HARD!! It was the night I was getting everything ready to carve pumpkins and she ended up at IHC.

Hailey was a witch for Halloween and Mike told her to tell people that she fell off her broom!! :)
(Leave it to Mike)

I took her today to get the cast on and when the Dr. took off her temporary cast from IHC, he looked at me and said this might cause some tears, it's moved. Hailey did not like the sound of that and was a little freaked out! The Dr. had to reset it and YES it caused some BIG tears! Since it had moved he casted it clear past her elbow. It's going to be a LONG 4 weeks. How many times can a girl break something? This is Hailey's 3rd broken bone. When she was 5 1/2 she fell off the tramp and broke her elbow and actually had to have surgery and pins placed. But, just 5 short months ago she fell off her motor scooter and broke her right wrist. This time she broke both her bones on her left wrist.

But I have to say she is a trooper!! We love ya Hailey Bug, but I think you need to drink more milk! :)

3 comments:

Nana said...

Oooooohhh Hailey Bug - I am SO sorry for you sweetheart! That cast looks pretty miserable to wear for the next six weeks (but more room to sign names, right). I'm glad it wasn't your right arm. We can still go bowling on Thanksgiving:) You really are so brave. Hang in there - I love you.

Robyn said...

Wow Hailey- that's impressive. Maybe that's what happens when you're the only girl with all boys. I love the photo of her getting the cast on, the way you can see the boys faces is great.

Rebecca Larsen said...

Hailey, I think you need to share the injuries with your brothers! Your body could use the rest! ;) You are a much braver and stronger girl than I am. Save some room on that cast for me to sign at Thanksgiving!