Friday, April 2, 2010

A Not So Fun Day For Carter!!

KINDERGARTEN SHOTS!!

Carter didn't know what he was in for. Here he is all happy and smiling playing with his little toy from the Dr.'s office. He had to answer some questions, trace & draw the shapes, write his name and then draw his favorite person. When asked who the drawing was he said, "ME!"

When the nurse came in and told him to lay down, I was already about to cry. Carter didn't know what he was in for. So sad! He looked at me with his big blue eyes and said, "now I'm nervous mom." I'm thinking to myself, me too. After the first shot went in, he screamed so loud and asked why they were doing this to him. Poor thing!! He had to have 5 shots! I felt terrible for him and so did Josh, who was sitting in the chair crying too. After the horrible ordeal I took him to the mall to see the Easter Bunny! He wouldn't walk since his legs hurt so bad. I had to lift him out of the stroller and set him on the Easter Bunny's lap. That was a great trip to the mall. Carter wouldn't walk, and stayed in the stoller the whole time.
When we got home he crashed!
The next day he said to Hailey, "LOOK!
"What" she said.
"I'm Walking"
We all got a little chuckle from that! It's a miracle! He can finally walk again! :)
Here is a little bubble blower truck that he got for being so BRAVE!

Now he is ready for Kindergarten! And so am I! :)

3 comments:

Penny said...

Poor little guy, it never gets easier! I can't believe he is going to Kindergarden! Are you guys on full or half day? We are full, and people were skeptical at first, but now everybody loves it!
Good luck Carter, you will have so much fun!

Nat Heaton said...

Oh my gosh... That breaks my heart! I'm so glad you made it through and are done with shots for a while! Way to go Carter!!!

Rebecca Larsen said...

I would have been crying with him. I hate shots. And that is the coolest truck ever! Where did you get it? He definitely deserved something so cool for having to get FIVE shots!