On Monday there was an orientation at Carters school. It wasn't until 2:00p and all morning Carter kept asking me if it was time to go yet. Well, at 1:45 I told the kids to start getting ready by putting on their shoes and getting in the car. Carter couldn't wait any longer!! He was in the car honking for all of us to hurry up! We were only there for 20 minutes and then left. Have you ever had a kid who cried when they had to leave school? He was not ready to go and wanted to stay longer. I wonder how long this will last.
Thursday was his first day of school. He got right up and got dressed! What he put on wasn't exactly what I wanted him to wear to school, so I was trying to convince him to put something else on. He kept saying, "I don't think Miss Heidi will like that. I want to wear this." I couldn't convince him, so he got his way.
The rest of the morning this is what I heard. "Is it time yet? Is it time yet? " Do you know how hard it is to wait until 12:15 to leave. I asked him if he wanted me to take him in to his class or just drop him off like I do Hailey and Josh. He said, "drop me off and leave me for a long time." What a difference between the first child and the last. With Hailey, I was crying and she was crying and everything was awful. But with Carter, it was like..... see ya!!
After I picked him up he was a little sad. The teacher said at the end of the day during singing time, he got poked in the eye. :(
That's why his eyes are red and his nose is running in this video.
I hope he's going to want to go back.
1 comment:
He is such a handsome little man!
I know how excited he was for school - and I'm so sad that he got poked in the eye the first day!! Way to get the wind knocked out of your sails. Hopefully, he'll have a better experience the next time:) Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday!
Post a Comment