Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grandpa King!

Before we left for Bear Lake, I took the kids to American Fork to visit Grandpa Kings grave.We placed a flag on Grandpa's grave, his military grave, his son Brent and his parents Naina King and Bazil Barney. I can't believe it has been 14 years! We miss him terribly!! Carter is not in the picture because he was trying to find Grandpa. He couldn't understand why he couldn't "see" him. When I told the kids it was time to go, Carter said, "but I didn't see grandpa yet." Trying to explain this to him was more than I could handle.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Ohhhhh - I am so happy you went to see Grandpa! - His grave, that is. I miss him so much. Every year when I plant my flowers, I do a lot of talking to him. He loved to walk around my yard and have me tell him all the names of things. That's so cute about Carter. I can imagine the confusion in his mind when you were explaining where Grandpa is. Glad you guys are back safe and sound from Bear Lake - we can't wait to see Josh up on those water skiis next week:)